Radarcape:Linux Distribution choice
Radarcapes have been delivered with 3 different Linux Distribution:
- Angstrom (no longer supported)
- Debian 8 Jessie (Application updates supported, upgrade recommended)
- Debian 10 Buster (Recommended)
Debian 8 Jessie (Supported)
It was distributed with kernel 4.1.30-ti-r69, also mantained by Robert Nelson.
Network management uses packages ifupdown, isc-dhcp-common, isc-dhcp-client.
Debian 8 main support from the Debian Security team ended 17th June 2018, and now it's under the Debian LTS team support.
Jetvision will continue to distribute the Radarcape application updates at least until June 30, 2020.
Kernel updates are not available from Jetvision.
If you need to recover this image please download it here and follow Flash instrutions.
Debian 10 Buster (Recommended)
This image is completely custom to Jetvision devices, and includes the Jetvision APT repository for Kernel and other software updates.
Network management uses package Connman.
Console/SSH usernames and passwords have changed since Debian 8. Please check Advanced Linux Tasks.
The main improvements over Debian 8 are:
- Configured by default with Stratum 1 NTP server (PPS/GPS) using Chrony
- Improved time handling on boot for System logs
- Improved USB gadget port functionality
- More reliable data streaming over USB
- New network adapter over USB, access Radarcape at http://192.168.73.1 after you plug it over USB.
- Improved network management with Connman. Now Radarcape detects when cable is reconnected and requests immediate DHCP lease.
- New APT repository for easier updates by advanced users
If you need to recover or update to this image please download it here and follow Flash instructions.